Helix Wind Inc. was incorporated in the State of Nevada on September 12, 2006. The company is engaged in the small wind turbine alternative energy business offering a paradigm breaking distributed power technology platform designed to produce electric energy from the wind. Since its inception, Helix Wind has primarily been engaged in the research and development of its proprietary products.
Retail Price: $9,000 USD
Compact, elegant, sophisticated, versatile... an icon for a movement. The Helix S322 provides smooth power and torque delivery across a broad range of wind speeds and under the most difficult of physical environments. No furling or shutting down, simple to install, modular and scalable, the S322 is ideally designed for urban environments, low draw and liquids pumping. From the Canadian shield to marine petroleum platforms to sub-Saharan Africa agriculture pumps, this turbine is built to endure and captivating to the eye.
Area - 3.19m2 (34.33
* Rotor Dimensions - 1.21m W x 2.65m H
(4 ft X 8.66 ft)
* Overall Height - 3.3m (10.8')
* Rotor Construction - Ultra tough Aluminum Alloy
* Type - Vertical axis helical Savonius rotor (VAWT)
* Generator - 2.0 kW (peak) high efficiency Permanent Magnet Generator
* Cut-in Speed - 5 m/s (11.1 MPH)
» The lowest wind speed at which the turbine begins producing usable power.
* Optimal Annual Wind Speed - An average of 7 m/s (15.6 MPH) or greater
* Braking - No braking needed for normal operation. Manual override for maintenance.
* Grid Connection - 110 VAC - 240 VAC, 50-60 Hz Grid Tied Inverter.
* Weight - 135 kg (295 lb)
* Design Life - 30 years
* Monopole Tower - 4.5m to 6.0m (15 ft to 20 ft) depending on obstructions
* Warranty - 5 year Limited Warranty.
* Monopole - NOT INCLUDED
* Certifications - Current List
* IEC-61400-2 Standard for Small Wind Turbines - Helix Wind, Inc. is pleased to confirm that our application for certification through Germanischer Lloyd for the S322 Wind Turbine has been accepted. READ MORE
Retail Price: $16,000 USD
Double the size, double the power, the Helix S594 is designed to deliver. A bigger platform for applications requiring more power, the S594 continues producing through all wind speeds and conditions. Turbulent gusty wind? High speeds? Rapid changes in direction? Our patent pending design efficiently and safely captures the wind's power across a broader range of conditions than traditional HAWTs or other VAWT designs.
- 5.88m2 (63.29 ft2)
* Unique patent pending design.
* Rugged aluminum and steel construction for extreme environments
* Modular, 3D blade for easy assembly and toughness.
* Helical turbine for smooth power production.
* Ultra reliable Low RPM Permanent magnet generator.
* Design gives silent operation at less than 5 decibels above background noise.
* Completely safe for our friends, the birds and bats.
* Utilizes turbulent omni-directional air instantly, no yaw control required.
* IEC-61400-2 Standard for Small Wind Turbines - Helix Wind, Inc. is pleased to confirm that our application for certification through Germanischer Lloyd for the S594 Wind Turbine has been accepted. READ MORE
D100 Wind Turbine
Retail Price: $4,800 USD
Designed for the most extreme environments the D100 is targeted
for research applications, off grid facilities and remote installs in some
of the harshest conditions on earth. Operating for over 10 years continuously
in Antarctica this little unit goes and goes and goes....
* Swept Area
Retail Price: $11,000 USD
Designed for a mere 5m/s average annual wind speed the D361 is perfect for lower wind regime applications. The subtle helix design almost completely eliminates tip speed noise while maintaining all the advantages of VAWT technology. Mounted at only 11 meters, it is ideal for urban applications.
Area - 3.61m2
Retail Price: $1,500 USD
Want to know what's really going on with your turbine? The Helix WTMS eliminates the guessing. Wind speed, turbine output, temperature and a host of other variables are collected and monitored in real time. We make sure our products deliver and can identify and deal with potential problems before they become significant.
- IP67 rated
* Operating Temperatures - 0°-55° Celsius (32°-132° F)
* Storage - Can hold up to 2 years worth of data without a data connection.
* Power - 100V to 240V power input.
* Networking - Ethernet (wired only!)
* Dimensions - 27.94 cm x 21.59 cm x 9.52 cm
* Mounting - Wall or pole mount included.
* Warranty - Please contact your salesperson for additional info.
All collected information is pushed to Helix Wind's Network Operations Center (NOC) and is run through a variation of post processing and delivered to you via an excellent user-interfaces found on the Internet. Here you will find a multitude of information about your wind turbines particular installation including real-time data charts of your wind and power production. See the screenshot on the Images tab above.
* Price: - INCLUDED
* Conditions: - Non-Transferable
* Components Covered: - All
* Conditions Not Covered: - Abuse, damage, misuse. Service by non-Helix authorized personnel. Modification of unit. Improper maintenance (unit must be inspected annually). Use of accessories, parts or supplies not provided by HelixWind. Operation outside Product specifications.
* Problem Process: - Owner calls Helix Wind or installer/distributor and schedules service at owner cost. If there is a defect with a component Helix replaces free of charge with a new or like-new product. Technician evaluates problem. Helix mails replacement part. Technician installs at Owner cost.
* Voiding Conditions: - Owner calls Helix Wind or installer/distributor and schedules service at owner cost. If there is a defect with a component Helix replaces free of charge with a new or like-new product. Technician evaluates problem. Helix mails replacement part. Technician installs at Owner cost.
Illustration of coastal wind flows and turbine siting.
Download PDF Here [ 35.73 kb ]
The D100 Helix Wind turbine has undergone analysis of structural integrity when subject to aerodynamic loading including wind loading, physical dimensions and mounting plate pattern.
Download - D100 Structural Design Summary [ 148.73 kb ]
Here you will find the declaration of conformity to CE certification for the Helix Wind D361 turbine (previously named the VENCO-Twister-1000-T).
D361 Declaration of Conformity to CE [ 52.63 kb ]
The D361 Helix Wind turbine has undergone analysis of structural integrity when subject to aerodynamic loading including wind loading, physical dimensions and mounting plate pattern.
Download - D361 Structural Design Summary [ 189.84 kb ]
Diagrams for the standard configuration, and with an interface box and diversion load.
Download Diagram Here [ 103.67 kb ]
Footing Illustration for Surface Mounted Systems
Download PDF Here [ 36.42 kb ]
Scaled height comparisons of turbine systems on top of buildings and pole mountings in pedestrian areas.
Download PDF Here [ 242.58 kb ]
This document is a statement from Helix Wind's engineering
the sound or decibel levels of the turbine at typical operating speeds.
Decibel is a unit of measure for expressing the relative intensity of sounds on a
scale from zero for the average least perceptible sound to about 130.
Download Here: [ 179.96 kb ]
This is the tower and foundation drawings for the 25' 100 MPH monopole.
S322 25 Foot 100 MPH Tower and Foundation Drawings [ 1,841.28 kb ]
S322 Annual Power Curve [ 10.46 kb ]
Scaled AutoCAD (DXF) drawings of the S322 wind turbine with the dimensions in millimeters.
S322 AutoCAD Drawing [ 502.93 kb ]
Here are the drawings for the S322 base plate.
S322 Base Plate [ 408.08 kb ]
The S322 Helix Wind turbine has undergone analysis of structural integrity when subject to aerodynamic loading. The primary failure mode is bending of the shaft. Aerodynamic analysis of wind tunnel data was utilized to establish empirical CD values. REV F
S322 Engineering Summary [ 649.63 kb ]
Specifications for the S322 wind turbine supplied inverter.
Aurora PVI 3.6 Spec Sheet [ 479.50 kb ]
This is the tower and foundation drawings for the 15' 100 MPH monopole.
S594 15 Foot 100 MPH Tower and Foundation Drawings [ 1,362.93 kb ]
S594 Annual Power Curve [ 11.03 kb ]
Scaled AutoCAD (DXF) drawings of the S594 wind turbine with the dimensions in millimeters.
S594 AutoCAD Drawing [ 946.67 kb ]
Here are the drawings for the S594 base plate.
S594 Base Plate [ 142.02 kb ]
The S594 Helix Wind turbine has undergone analysis of structural integrity when subject to aerodynamic loading. The primary failure mode is bending of the shaft. Aerodynamic analysis of wind tunnel data was utilized to establish empirical CD values.
S594 Engineering Summary [ 628.28 kb ]
This is the specifications sheet for the inverter used with the S594.
Aurora PVI 6.0 Spec Sheet [ 260.82 kb ]
Wind flow illustration for mountainous our hilly applications.
Download PDF Here [ 35.86 kb ]
This file displays all of the tower assembly unit configurations including their weights.
Tower Assembly Units with Weights [ 192.94 kb ]
Turbine components and scale schematic for the small residential system.
Download PDF Here [ 71.90 kb ]
This illustration demonstrates the suggested placement of turbines in a urban or city setting and the turbulence characteristics of a building in relation to a prevailing wind pattern.
Download PDF Here [ 40.26 kb ]
Turbine spacing for ground or even surface same height installation dimensions. Spacing this way should be at 12 feet (3.65 m) or 3X the blade diameter to maximize possible power production efficiency
Download PDF Here [ 88.68 kb ]
Description of turbine height array for side by side placements. It is important to take into consideration the turbulence that each turbine will create and how it affects the placement of multiple turbines. Each turbine needs clear airflow from each other from multiple directions.
Download PDF Here [ 210.45 kb ]
Advantages in wind utilization by Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine (HAWT). The VAWT system has multi-directional
wind utilization capability.
Download PDF Here [ 267.71 kb ]
In order to obtain the benefits of the Helix Wind warranty, the CUSTOMER must follow these procedures.
Warranty Claim Procedures [ 54.93 kb ]
The following document outlines the structure and breakdown of technical support cases with Helix Wind, Corp.
Warranty Technical Support Cases [ 98.22 kb ]
Specifications sheet for the wind interface module.
Aurora Wind Interface Module [ 113.10 kb ]
This PDF includes information information specific to the Helix Wind WTMS (Wind Turbine Monitoring System).
WTMS Cut Sheet [ 166.94 kb ]
RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEMS
Systems Grid Tie & Off Grid - Solar
Panels By Manufacturer - Building
Intergraded PhotoVoltaic's - Solar
Panel Tracking & Mounting - Inverters
Communications - & Site Analysis
Wind Turbines HAWT &VAWT - Folbable, Flexible, Portable Power - Cables & Wiring - Batteries - Charge Controlers - Electrical Enclosures & Safety
Helpful Tools: Grid Tie Solar & Wind - Off Grid Solar & Wind - Solar/Wind Farms - Renewable Energy Education & 'How To' Section - Opportunities Within GREENerENERGY.ca - World Incentives & Goverment Grants
Cost & Performance Calculators - World Historical Climate & Weather Data - Installations - Need Help Selecting Components? Contact Us!